Temple Group is a leading Mauritian based firm, comprised of seven companies, offering services within the legal domain.
We are also a corporate service provider and service the financial sector in terms of compliance consultancy and training.
Our companies hold expertise in the following industries: Banking & Finance, Global Business, Tourism and Hospitality, Logistics, Food Processing, Construction, Petroleum Industries, Marine Agriculture, Education, Diplomatic Bodies and Sports.
Trust, Respect & Commitment
“Temple Professionals has been our training provider since 2013 and I appreciate their personalised approach. They are always available for further queries and their courses have a real value added aspect”
Neeraj BHOGUN, Senior Administrator, Harel Mallac Global Services Ltd.
Temple a été très didactique et clair dans cette fonction visant à clarifier les “rules et regulations” sur la transmission d’information et FATCA. Accueil agréable dans un cadre favorable à l’apprentissage. De nature à renforcer le pilier de l’économie qu’est le secteur financier à Maurice”
Nicolas KERAMBRUN, Managing Director, Marceau Management
I have been attending various trainings by Temple Professionals and I find that I benefit from a more practical experience than other courses I have attended on similar topics”
Sandra Hew Kee, Director, Labourdonnais Management Ltd.
Urmila Boolell S.C.
Urmila Boolell S.C. is a published author and the sole founding member of Chambers of Urmila Boolell SC and Temple Group.
The highest form of recognition for legal practitioners; the title of Senior Counsel was bestowed upon Urmila in 2016 by the President of the Republic upon advice from the Supreme Court of Mauritius. She was one of the first two women to ever be named Senior Counsel in Mauritius.
She has regularly been recognised as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ by prestigious international legal rankings such as Chambers Global, IFLR1000, and Acquisition International.
She was elected to the presidency of the Mauritian Bar Council in January 2013.
Urmila read Law at the University of Reading where she graduated with an LLB (Hons.) at the age of twenty-one. She was called to the Bar in the UK at Lincoln’s Inn in July 1985, and called to the Mauritian Bar in September 1985.
Urmila has acquired experience in all aspects of litigation and specialises in matters pertaining to Mauritius corporate and commercial law especially in relation to international/foreign investment, structuring of corporate transactions and reorganisations, banking and non-banking financial transactions, the application and operation of double taxation agreements entered into by Mauritius with other countries and infrastructure projects and project financing.
SOME CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Participated in a programme in the US for international lawyers and sponsored by the United States Information Service (August – September 1992)
- Recipient of Scholarship to attend International Bar Association (IBA) Conference (Business Section), in Paris (September 1995)
- Lecturer in Company Law at the Council of Legal Education, Mauritius (1994 to 1996)
- Honorary Global Legal Counsel of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), London (1998 to 2000)
- First President of Mauritius Chapter of TIE (The Indus Entrepreneur), a global association of professionals and entrepreneurs
- Board member of National Committee on Corporate Governance
- Author of “Case Law of Mauritius – A Compendium” (1994), a work in 3 volumes compiling the case law of Mauritius from the beginning of official law reporting in Mauritius in 1861 to date
- Author of “Company Law of Mauritius” (1997 and 2002) – 1 Volume, the only analytical legal publication on Mauritius corporate law
- Editor of Mauritius Reports 2004 – 2009 the annual official publication of selected judgments of the Supreme Court of Mauritius
Corporate and Business Law
Non Banking Financial Services
Banking and Insurance
Cross Border Transactions
Corporate Formation and Administrative
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Corporate Secretarial and Directorship
Accounting and Bookkeeping
AML Compliance Consultancy
Transaction Advisory (vendor/transaction due diligence)
Business Valuation (including fund valuation)
Viability Review/Independent Business Review
Recovery and Reorganisation – assessment of strategic alternatives, exit strategy
General Management/Business Leadership Review
Project and Market Feasibility
Start-Up Incubator and Aggregator
Designing Compliance Frameworks
The Risk Based Approach
Financial Crime Compliance